Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'll Cut You So Bad....You'll Wish.....You'll Wish I Didn't Cut You So Bad



The Knife. Or.....Tha Knife for those of you who are "In the know." (Or should I say..."In Tha Know").

Who is The Knife? Well, let the Feldheim spit some knowledge on your face. See, if someone were to spit on the faces of Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreijer they wouldn't really care, because they tend to wear masks. Cool masks though, fucking superkewl masks.....I wonder if that goes hand in hand with being Swedish.

This brother sister duo has been pumping out electronic hits since 1999, and well, they've only gotten better as time has progressed. Sweden, in essence, has been progressing rather nicely since 1999. It's a country that I respect simply because I love Swedish bands. It all started with Refused. If any of you haven't listened to The Shape Of Punk To Come, well, then you simply haven't listened to one of the most poignant and significant albums of the past 30 years. That once in a lifetime album changed everything for me, and for that, I salute the Swedes. I also salute the Icelandic bands. Why? Cuz their badass. Any country that spits out Artists like Sigur Ros and Bjork demands respect. Throw in one of my favorite authors of all time, Halldór Kiljan Laxness, and well fuck - I salute you. Lunchbox...I've been waiting for you to ask me to rank the top 5 countries for their musical contributions to the world (minus USA and GB)

Getting back to The Knife....well, their awesome. Their music is awesome and they are awesome. Oh, what?, substantiate my statement? Well, how's this for awesome: When they won the grammi for best pop group of 2003 - instead of attending themselves, they had their buddies in another band dress up as gorillas and go. Who would have thought that our own Angela and Biff would unkowingly incorporate a gorilla into a live act one year later?? Is there a common thread of awesomeness here?

What? Not good enough? Well here. This video kicks ass, in a kick ass kind of way. Some of you may know this song from fellow Swedish musician Jose Gonzalez's cover.

Anyways, the knife are awesome, I can't wait to see them live in November, they have incredible beats, they build great sonic landscapes, and they are just so cool it makes me tingle inside. Props to the Swedes, and props to the beats. It's great driving music. Angela, speaking of driving......how fast do those elephants go, and how often do you have to pull over to the side of the highlands for them to take, well, elephant sized dumps? My last point:

The Knife are elephant sized dumps of goodness that will saturate your brain and electronically lubricate your neurons and synapses with awesomeness of the 8th dimension. Listen to it, bath in it, love it, live it, drive it, smack it, lick it, touch it, glow under it, pull it, grab it, and FEEL IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home