Friday, September 08, 2006

Calling All Feldheimers -- I need your creative input



In case you didn't think it was possible for Toonces to get any cooler wait to you hear this. I'm the new host of Trivia Night (which I think I'm going to call quiz night to pay tribute to the Brits) at my favorite Bar in Minneapolis -- proof that networking pays off. So now what I need is a DJ name (I'd like to do better than the obvious DJ Toonz) sooner than I thought I would and all the pressure has resulted in a creative block and I've got nothing. A plethera of monickers, yet none seem quite right. I think It's because a nickname isn't really omething you can give yourself, but instead must evolve from your interactions among friends.

So fellow feldheim members I implore you (although I'm not sure that's really the proper use of the word as I'm not looking for mercy() HELP ME FIND MY DJ NAME! It is my destiny! The best ones in my opinion arise out of mockery so be ruthless if you must.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ritter said...

Congratulations on Trivia Night. I will keep up the themes helping you think of names:

The fact that you are a woman:
DJ Sorority
DJ Kappa
DJ Ovaries
DJ Lipstick
DJ Purse
DJ Skirt
DJ Diaphragm
DJ Quife
DJ Pumps
DJ Tampax
DJ Menstrual (or DJ Menstrual Winds)
DJ Whiney

The fact that you are doing trivia:
DJ Trebek
DJ Regis
DJ Millionare
DJ Useless
DJ Pursuit
DJ Grad
DJ Statistics

The fact that you are in law school:
DJ Juris
DJ Prima
DJ Brief
Ambulance Chaser
DJ Lybrary

The fact that you are Toonces and we can make fun of you:
DJ Jappy
DJ Scarsdale
DJ L'Chaim and the Oy Veys
DJ Wine Funnel
DJ TetraHydro
The Cuddler
The Spooner

Cool DJ names that I like that don't really relate to anything in particular:
DJ Ubiquitous
DJ EMO (Eat More Owls)
DJ Starve Artists
DJ Zits
DJ Darryl Strawberry
DJ Dub Churchill
DJ LOL
DJ TTYL
DJ Zzyzx
Billy Ripkin's Bat

You don't think that it would be great if you announced, "Hey welcome to trivia everyone! I'm DJ Kappa and get ready to binge and purge your brains with DJ KAPPA'S BULIMIA TRIVIA!"

8:32 PM, September 09, 2006  
Blogger How To Swim said...

Nothing to do with you being a woman or such, I just like these:

DJ Fuzzy Pants (and yes, you have to wear fuzzy pants at each appearance)
DJ Fuzzy Socks (and yes, you have to wear.....)
DJ Fuzzy Hair (and yes, you have to wear.....)
DJ Fuzzy
DJ Fuz
DJ Guadalajara
DJ Guatemala
DJ Guaringo!!!
DJ !!!
DJ JD
DJ Kunundrum
DJ Jesus
DJ Toninator
DJ Telestial
DJ Toonage
DJ Toolicious
DJ Toonorrow

Buen Suerte!!

12:31 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Toonzie said...

Thanks for the insight. My favorite moments at Law School generally involve me laughing uncontrolably at my own expense to the point that tears are streaming down my face in the library while 1Ls gawk at me wonder what could possibly be so funny...Needless to say it happened again.
Some of my favorites in no particular order were
DJ Hubris
DJ JD - i actually though of that one too
DJ Pumps
Ambulance chaser
DJ L'Chaim and the Oy Veys
DJ spooner
Dj Fuz
DJ Toonage


Some other ideas I've had include
DJ Tunic
and
DJ Erica Tunick - realizing that so many of the greats go by their full names I see no reason why i shouldn't do that too.

3:15 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Ritter said...

What about DJ Gin and Tunick?




You can thank me later.

1:11 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Toonzie said...

I'm speechless, I'm absoulutely without speech

Thanks later

2:55 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger How To Swim said...

DJ Speechless

4:03 PM, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home