Thursday, January 18, 2007

DJ Shadow - The Private Press


Newly up on the box. I can't think of a better way to start of 2007 than with The Private Press, quite possibly one of the greatest albums of 2002. I don't really know why I held out on getting this one for so long. When it first came out my brother insisted that i wasn't ready for it and now finally that i've made a point of getting to it i'm finding it to embody everything i want out of a new album right now. It's challenging, inspiring, energizing and sophisticated. I recognize that we are all in different places and therefore the same won't hold true of all of you. But since you are the listening elite I know you will appreciate it. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ritter said...

Excellent post.

In some ways I think this is definitely better than Endtroducing... and still miles ahead of any other instrumental, cut-up, sampling, hip-hop dj. I'd say Blood on the Motorway is my favorite track.

5:12 PM, January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home