Thursday, November 09, 2006

This is a journey into sound

For your listening pleasure I've posted to the box this month:






Pet Shop Boys: Discography. I'll cross reference a previous post if you are interested in further discussion. Do indulge in this compilation of some of the best from one of my favorite electronic music duos.

I've also provide Cut Chemist: The audience's Listening. While I only acquired it about a week ago it has quickly made it's way into my all time greatest circle. We all have musicians we admire and to and cut chemist is one such musician -- a major player in the underground hip hop scene. This album is phenomenal, the tracks are seamless and of course it was all created using turntables - one can't argue with that. On a personal note I picked up the album when I was at his show about a week ago. I was right up front and got to speak into the microphone and have what I said mixed into his live performance. It was pretty sweet. He also autographed and gave me the DVD that he recorded it on and wished me luck with the burgeoning career as a turntablist. It was awesome, I was totally smitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela.Lansbury said...

Toonces: You know, for years, my vegetarian friends have told me Tofu was great. Delicious and nutritious. I even tried it once. Nasty. Pronounced with a long "A."

You know I keep an open mind about music. I even like the song "enjoy the silence."

But, as you alluded to in your last post, I believe thoroughly and utterly, there's some music out there that has "enjoyment of a penis inside you" as a prequisite to enjoying the music. Madonnna is one of those artists.

So are the Petshop boys.

For the record, Woody would probably like it.

On a positive note, the addition of cut chemist is most welcomed. Congratualtions on your experience at the concert. I

7:56 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger How To Swim said...

Tooncesirioni,

Major points for submitting Cut Chemist.

+

Your dj career seems to have gotten off to a great start.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Jafarizirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2:36 PM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home