Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Fall of Troy: F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.

I usually hate it when band re-records their EP or shitty sounding independent release and release it as a new album. I've been enjoyng their 2003 initial release for the past month or so. I also thought threesome usually needed a lead singer or another guitarist.

That is, until I found this track.

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X, off their relatively new release Doppelganger is a redux of the hideously titled F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P. from their 2003 release. It evokes the At-The Drive In, Funeral for a Friend, and even some of my old hardcore faves .

Is it sacrilege to post a music video on feldheim? I mean besides some children's entertainer. Like a serious music video?

We'll find out:



Pre-emptive Comments

Angela: "This is earth shatteringly groundbreaking rock. It changes the very paradigm of what we know as music."

Toonces: "Not bad. I actually kind of enjoy it. But it kinda sounds like it's off beat at some points like that one Led Zeppelin song. I am a DJ. I can pick that stuff out. Anyways, you like that definitely check out this band called Joy Division. You'd totally dig it."

Blossom: "Irregardless. What a blatant Pearl Jam rip off."

Ritter: "I don't get it, bro. Why don't they slow it down and throw in some world music samples?"

Jafar: "Dude. I lived in Brooklyn. Fucking brook-lyn, aiight? Man, I knew about these guys four years ago before they were even a band and saw them twice in a club you'd never be able to find because it's not even a club: it's actually an abandoned butcher fridge in an alley in Prospect Heights . Now where'd I put those chuck taylors..."

Screech: "UFIA. That guitarwork is totally l33t, 100% teh h4x04r. ytmnd. w00t."

Woody: "I really, truly, utterly, and completely love men."

Biff: "I have my own internet company. That means I'm really busy. Seriously! Why doesn't anyone believe me?"

2 Comments:

Blogger How To Swim said...

Angela, you were really close with mine. It's just that I never liked Fall of Troy. I think they suck. I think this song, while it has its moments, and is the best thing I've ever heard from them, sucks. I would recommend "Hella" as a substitute for this band. They are, dare I say, Hella Better.

2:49 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Angela.Lansbury said...

Retaliaton!! Retaliantion!!

Blossom: Hmm. Strange you think three guys rip off the overbearing grandiosity of an 8 member art-rock outfit that still needs to hire the RHCP to come up with bass lines and guitar solos.

Splat!

Jafar: Sucks? Really? That's a totally sound, objective and defendible statement. Ivy League material right there. I cna see why you don't dig this. It's discordant and inharmonious noise. The music is hard to find. It's like they actually created that order form chaos sound that every happy hipster noise rock duo (not just from Califone-er-uh-fornia) wishes they could make but the Fall of Troy did it with metal.

But it's OK.

We all get a little soft in our old age.

Kapow!

9:15 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home