Monday, November 27, 2006

Danielson (of the re: Family of)



It's still sunny in LA. I went to the beach during thanksgiving break, and it was 74. What does this all mean? It means I'm posting some mutha F'n Gospel Music for November. Jafar? Gospel? Christianity? Doritos?

I wanted to post Isis's incredible Oceanic but the file sizes (and the fuzz) are too massive for the box. So instead of metal you get pop. Not just any pop. This is pop of the ages.

Danielson's Ships will probably crack most Top 5/10 “Albums of the Year” lists that will be coming out in the next 5 weeks. Some categorize Danielson as Indie Pop, others as Gospel, some as Avant-Pop. All would be correct. The band’s members include 6 siblings. Danielson actually stands for Danielson Famile. Sufjan Stevens (Ritter’s Wet Dream) is also in and out of this act. The ‘Hoof (Deerhoof) are all over this album.

Ships, Daneilson's first album in 5 years is a masterpiece. Harmonies and melodies are intertwined in a creative orchestra of pop greatness. If you enjoy pop music, hear it here at its best.



For those of you who are wondering what the fuck I am doing listening to “gospel” music, give this disc a spin and you’ll realize that there is no preaching. I am not a fan of the Jesus Camp’s of the world, but I am a fan of life. All you Donnie Darko fans know that god is Awesome. This album is a celebration bitches. A celebration of life. Ain’t nuthin wrong with that.

Vote Romney.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela.Lansbury said...

From my experiencein in Japan, it was -san, and it was closer to an equivalent of Mr.

In other news, I've been to Japan. These guys haven't.

But interesting post none the less. I look forward to listening to one track

1:38 AM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home