Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Holy Mackerel: Skeet Spirit

It was more than 4 months ago that I emailed you all on that fateful day suggesting something silly; something as juvenile as rekindling out college days.

It was then Don Ritter who fired back immediately with delusions of grandeur and the idea that ultimately become what we know and love as the Big Red Box.

We have come a long way, Feldheim. I think we had Six albums this week, if only from three members.

So what.

Here's the point: Between the Jon Spencer (J-Spence?) Blues Explosion, 60's female Artists, and Deftones, We've accomplished what we set out to. It's funny that this same week a musical accomplishment of near equal stature has been reached:

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the illustrous, the incredible, the inevitable:


You can access the tracks here, and bask in their wonderment on your own time.

Congratulations on making it this far.

2 Comments:

Blogger lunchbox said...

Nice pick-up on the J-Spence. Remember that box from Vegas?

For those of you who do not know, This guy (J-Spence) commissioned Angela and I to be his headlining musical act for a hip downtown bar for which he was promoting. He wanted us to be funny, raunchy, and acoustic and pretty much "signed" us as his headliner without having heard us. He wanted to be a threesome. He was also 35 and looked like Dolph Lundgren. First show Joe and I belt out our classics with such memorable choruses about defiling baby Olsen twins while he hacks away about some garbage Stephen Lynch song on his Ibanez. Ha! I did everything I could to hold back my laughter and not point at him chanting "safety school" while brushing my tassled, aristrocratic bangs off my forehead.

Needless to say, Angela and I did not headline after, and the bar burnt down recently with a lot of people dying in the flames.

10:43 AM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Jafar said...

skeet skeet skeet!!

someone had to write that.

Angela, solid post. Sadly, this is one of the better radiohead mash ups out there. That said, it's not that good, but it's actually not that bad. Radiohead is a tricky band to incorporate, and skeet spirit in your eye has done a decent job. By decent I mean not terrible.

Fun as ish to listen to, and interestng as fcuk to hear.

Talk Show Hoes is my personal favorite.

1:56 AM, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home