Sunday, June 04, 2006

For the Feldheim: Witching Hour

No, Witching Hour was not released in 1986, although one of Ladyton's biggest influences The Pet Shop Boys did have some big hits around that time. I'm sorry to disappoint, but i just figured that some classic new wave album is what you were all expecting from me. While i think the Felheim is an excellent forum to poke fun at ourselves and others i think it should also be about personal growth. This is Ladytron's third album and i think it is their best.

My favorite tracks are #2 and #11. I saw them perform live at First Avenue, a Minneapolis music venue that is also a local landmark because of its association with the artist formally known as the artist formally known as prince. The band has two female vocalists with awesome voices, the one who sings lead on the two tracks I've mentioned i find her voice particularly intoxicating.

Please explain why Screech is more likely to post an album that dates back to high school that i am?

I'll leave you with this: enjoy!



and Long live the Feldheim!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Big Red Box said...

Not a bad choice, and I think it represents the the sole female member of Feldheim quite well. The melodies were hanting, the beats, good, and the songs had an incredible somber, yet uplifting tone.

only one downside. I scrolled through to Ladytron on my ipod, and the guy sitting next to me on the airplane noticed a began spitting his best gayme at me.

Use with caution!!

11:47 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Jafar said...

They played at Coachella, nothing but goodness to report of. Let it be known that the hidden track has not been posted due to TOONZ being anti-hidden tracks. She wants her music with no 7 minute silences.

12:15 PM, June 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home